APCO’s Communication Training Officer Course
APCO Institute’s Communications Training Officer (CTO) Course focuses on the development and maintenance of an agency’s one-on-one training program and provides the training necessary to foster levels of consistency for CTOs as they provide on-the-job training to new hires.
This updated version of the course includes the essential elements of a CTO program based on the industry recognized “San Jose Model” while also incorporating the requirements set by the national standard for CTO programs — APCO ANS 3.101.1-2013: Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Training Officers.
- Performance Based Training
- Preparing, Motivating and Communicating with Trainees
- Customer Service in Public Safety Communications
- Stress Management
- Meeting the Needs of the Adult Learner
- Training Strategies
- Performance Evaluations
- Record Keeping and Documentation
- Total Quality Management
- Liability and Standards